Baubles are trinkets or novelty items that cost little and aren’t very important or valuable, such as a plastic ring in the shape of a daisy that covers half of your finger in hot-pink plastic.
- Pronunciation: / 'bɔbl/
- English description: cheap showy jewelry or ornament on clothing
- Synonyms: bangle
- Chinese Translation: 廉价的小饰物(lian2 jia4 de xiao3 shi4 wu4)
- Spanish Translation: la chuchería
- ORIGIN: Baubles: the Mardi Gras beads you collected last year, the small statue of the Eiffel tower your grandparents brought back from Paris, those big glass bulbs you use to decorate a Christmas tree, a computer mouse made to look like a hamburger.
- There, Mimi let her new bauble shine against an understated shimmery black gown, keeping the spotlight on her gargantuan rock.
- Drink, and ululate, and wrap each bauble for the longer summer hibernation.
*New word description, story and part of "EXAMPLE SENTENCE" are cited in Vocabulary