Frequently Asked Questions
For each of the questions listed below, an answer is accessible by clicking on the question:
1. How things work
2. How can I join the group on Skype?
3. I am having trouble connecting with the Skype group. What can I do?
4. At what times are the debates/discussions?
5. What is the process for the weekend debates
6. What are IELTS and TOEFL?
7. What is my role as a member, after signing up?
8. What is an NPOC?
9. Does the organization presently provide services internationally?
10. What type of services/products does the organization currently offer?
11. What does the name "Dreams 'N Motion™" mean?
12. I am having difficulty reaching native speakers for one-on-one discussions. Why is that?
13. I would like to add a friend to the group. How can I do that?
14. I've already registered in the web, Why am I not being added to any DNM Skype groups?
When joining the organization, you become immediately eligible to join our conferences. Currently, we have several free conferences on Skype, with a number of paid services to be added in the future.
The first step is to make sure you are connected with us on Skype. Please see Answer #2, "How can I join the group on Skype?"Once connected, please let our DNM Admin (Skype ID: live:dreamsnmotion ) know which group or groups you would like to join. Dreams ‘N Motion™ has identified specific groups to help members achieve different objectives as below:
A. Debate Group
• Established for the purposes of developing critical thinking, listening and speaking skills
B. TOEFL/IELTS Group
• Established to assist members to prepare for a variety of English Exams and to help them reach their goals
C. Writing Group
• Established to help members develop their writing skills, through short stories, poetry, and other writing.
Back to the top
To join us on Skype, please add the following address to your Skype contacts: live:dreamsnmotion . This is our DNM Admin, which will accept your request.
Once the DNM Admin has (a) accepted your contact request; and (b) verified your membership registration, the DNM Admin will add you to our main Skype group, which is entitled Dreams 'N Motion™.
If you have not registered yet and you want to be member of our skype group, please fill the registration form here
Back to the top
Please note that the Dreams 'N Motion™ group is a P2P group. It is large and moves slowly. Accordingly, it may take some time before you are able to see it.
Please note also: the Skype for Web Beta does not work with Skype P2P groups. Unfortunately, we need the features that P2P offers and can only ask that you use Skype's application or other alternative to Skype for Web.
In order to speed up the process of accessing the group, please consider the following steps:
(a) update your Skype software to the latest version;
(b) try logging in to Skype on a computer running Skype's software; and
(c) try accessing the group by clicking on the following button (please be patient, as it causes Skype to run and load the group window, this process takes time)
Back to the top
- Fridays at 9 a.m. California Time (4 p.m. GMT)(*)
- Saturdays at 7 a.m California Time (12 p.m. GMT(*)
- Sundays at 7 a.m. California Time (12 p.m. GMT)(*)
(*) Each debate may last between two and 4 hours.
B. IELTS/TOEFL Prep Sessions:
Generally, these are held on Wednesdays and Thursdays, beginning at:
Session One: 6 a.m California Time (12:00 p.m. GMT)
Session Two: 9 a.m. California Time (5:00 p.m. GMT)
GMT= Greenwich Mean Time
Current times are shown below, courtesy of
World Time Buddy:
You can also visit the World Time Buddy website here
(At the top of the box, there is a square with the words “+ Place or timezone”. To add a city, type its name in that box and press [Enter]. To remove a city, click the “x” at the left edge of the box that corresponds with that city. We recommend Los Angeles, which is the default time shown on our calendar and event page.)
Two examples of how a time calculation would work are as follows:
A. Los Angeles, California (USA). California observes Pacific Time which, during the summer, is GMT -7. This means that, in order for a person in California to determine the start time of, for example, a conference set for Friday at 5 p.m. GMT, for Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) he or she would have to subtract seven (5 p.m. GMT -7 hours = 10 a.m. PDT).
For Pacific Standard Time (PST), which is GMT -8, he or she would have to subtract eight hours (5 p.m. GMT -8 hours = 9 a.m. PST)
B. Cairo, Egypt. Egypt observes the Eastern European Time Zone, UTC+2:00. This is the same as GMT+2. This means that, in order for a person in Egypt to determine the start time of a conference set for Friday at 5 p.m. GMT, he or she would have to add two hours (5 p.m. GMT +2 hours = 7 p.m. in Egypt)
It appears that, for the next couple of years, Egypt will not be changing its clocks for summer time.
Back to the top
Three teams are identified, Team A, B and C
• Team A agrees (proponent) with the position of the topic i.e. Is exercise the best way to deal with stress (Yes, exercise is the best way.)
• Team B disagrees (opposes) with the topic (No, exercise is not the best way.)
• Team C ( the audience or judges) are the undecided ones or people who are not sure about what team to join. Or, they may simply prefer to have the role of judge. Team C listens to both teams and, at the conclusion of the arguments for Team A and B, are permitted to ask questions of either Team, state their own positions and, finally, vote for the Team that provided the most convincing arguments. In the end, the team that presented the best arguments in the opinion of Team C, wins.
Host and Moderator
• The Host is responsible for initiating the call, and is also responsible for ensuring the efficient, respectful, and good conduct of the debate. He or she has the authority to temporarily remove participants from the debate that are in violation of the Group Chat policies, or who refuse to adhere to reasonable, Host requests. (For example, the Host typically asks participants to mute their microphones while they are not speaking.)
• The Moderator and Host work together to ensure that each team will respect the structure, order, and allotment of time given to each team during the debate. The Moderator in particular will not join a team and will remain neutral at all times. Sometimes, the Host plays the role of moderator.
1. The Opening:
Team A will open the debate with each member of the team having approximately three (3) minutes each for speaking. No questions or interruptions are allowed. After they finish, team B will have its turn for their opening arguments, also with each member having approximately three (3) minutes each. This process usually lasts approximately 30-45 minutes.
2. Questions and Answers (Teams A and B)(*)
After Team B has completed their initial statements, Team A has the opportunity to ask questions of the members of Team B. Once Team A has finished asking questions, Team B will have an opportunity to do the same.
(*) Nowadays, this step is skipped because it makes team C wait for too long.
3. Questions Segment (Team C):
After this, the Moderator will ask Team C to start their round of questions, to give their own opinions based on what they have been hearing and, finally, to vote for the Team which has provided the most convincing argument or arguments.
Once Team C has chosen the winner, the Host will conclude the debate.
Sometimes, a bonus chat follows the debate. The bonus chat includes fun topics or games for those who want to stay in the call.
(The average time for each conference is about 2 to 3 hours).
IELTS is the International Language Testing System and TOEFL is the Test of English as a Foreign Language. Both of these are tests of English language proficiency that is used for several, important purposes. Many colleges and universities require good IELTS/TOEFL test results for admission to their programs of study, and these tests results are also used for some work visa applications and/or immigration requirements.
In an effort to help members prepare for IELTS/TOEFL exams, Dreams 'N Motion™ has established a separate, Skype group for the practice of vocabulary, reading and speaking. Work is underway to offer preparatory classes for the IELTS/TOEFL.
Your initial role will be as a member. We invite you to browse our website and join our conferences. Should you wish to contribute in a different capacity, for example, as an NPOC or as part of the Leadership Team, we invite you to notify our management team, which will schedule an interview and go through the hiring/contracting process.
The term “NPOC” is the acronym for “National Point Of Contact”. An NPOC is one of the most important positions in the organization, as the NPOC serves as the primary point of contact on behalf of his or her own country, for members that request information for travel to that country, and inquire about educational and business opportunities, and the like.
Currently, as an online organization, we offer services to members from the international community, although our only physical location is in California, USA. However, it is expected that in the future, we will open facilities in designated countries and offer personalized, face-to-face services. We believe that for the near term, the majority of services we offer can be effectively provided in an online environment, such as conducting mock interviews, resume development, assistance for studying abroad etc. Longer-term plans to have facilities in designated countries will ultimately offer help to those that may not have access to online technology or who require more of a personalized approach.
Dreams ‘N Motion™ currently offers various services, with more planned for the near future. These include both free and paid services. Dreams ‘N Motion™ has made a commitment to its members that it will always offer free services, such as debates, website information and resources and peer-based support. In the near future, we will also offer paid and dedicated services that will include:
• English and Education Services
• Career Development Services
• Travel Services
• Wellness Services
Additionally we will offer a product line that includes clothing material, hats, cups and other items that include the organizational logo. Members are encouraged to purchase these items to show their support for our organizational goals.
A primary goal of the Dreams ‘N Motion™ organization is to help our members make their dreams become reality. In other words, we hope to help people move forward, to put their dreams in motion. Our organizational name, “Dreams ‘N Motion™”, refers to our twin ideas of dreams and motion, and putting our dreams in motion.
Our members who speak English as their native language tell us, from time to time, that they receive many, many requests for one-on-one conversations. Unfortunately, some of our native speakers find it to be impossible to accommodate all of the requests, particularly if they are dedicating their volunteer time to helping the group.
We hope you will join us during our weekend debates and discussions, where everyone is practicing their speaking and listening. In the meantime, the group is working very hard on plans to expand services in the future.
First, please ask your friend to register as a member with us. New members can register at http://www.dreamsnmotion.com/become-a-member
Next, please ask your friend to add our Skype client:live:dreamsnmotion (DNM Admin), as a contact on Skype.
Once the DNM Admin has (a) accepted your friend's contact request; and (b) verified his or her membership registration, the DNM Admin will add him or her to our main Skype group, which is entitled Dreams 'N Motion™.
If you have already registered in our web and you are not being contacted by our DNM Admin, more likely is because you have not submitted the correct information. When you register, please
do not write a phone number or an email address as Skype ID!
If you have any contact friend on Skype, please ask your friend to tell you what your ID is. It can never be an email or a phone number. If you log in using an email address or a phone number, then your Skype id begins with the word "live:" If you have troubles registering but not being added to our Skype groups, it's because you are not writing the correct information. If you are still having problems being contacted, please log in your Skype and add our DNM Admin as a contact and and he will personally add you to our groups. To add him, click in the button below:
However, if you did submit the correct information, our DNM Admin will contact you within 7 days. Please be patient, every thing we do on our Skype groups are done through volunteer efforts. Our Administrative board are oftentimes overwhelmed. Once we are able to connect with you, we will be pleased to add you to our Skype groups.
We hope these explanations will help you better under both our organization, as well as how we conduct online activities including the Debate and other groups. Please feel free to ask any questions in the comment section below.Back to the top
On 10/10/2015 wrote:
I would like to thank Johny for all his hard work!
Reply: It's my pleasure dear Rebecca. I also want to thank your hard work in other areas. Cheers.
On 12/12/2015 wrote:
Well, done!!! Great job!!!!
Reply: Thanks dear Miranda ^_^