When you feel lethargic, you're sluggish or lacking energy. Being sleepy or hungry can make anyone lethargic.
- Pronunciation: / lɪ'θɑːdʒɪk/
- English Description: not active physically or mentally
- Chinese Translation: 无生气的(wu2 sheng1 qi4 de)
- Spanish Translation: apático(a)
- STORY: Being lethargic makes it hard to get anything done: you feel weak and sleepy. Whatever the reason, a lethargic person needs to snap out of it and get some energy, maybe by eating something or by taking a nap. Being lethargic also goes well with watching TV, since that takes almost no energy at all. When you feel lethargic, you don't have any energy to spare.
- Wilson said the victims, who all seemed to have used the same drug, appeared lethargic, unresponsive or incoherent.
- Veterinarians decided on the more extensive exam because he had repeatedly declined offers of fish and was becoming increasingly lethargic.
*New word description, story and part of "EXAMPLE SENTENCE" are cited in Vocabulary.com