Given a choice between a sirloin steak and a pile of grass, an herbivore will take the grass every time. If grass isn't on the menu, a salad will do. Herbivores eat plants.
- Pronunciation: /ˈhəːbɪvɔː/
- English Description:an animal that only eats plants
- Chinese Translation: 草食动物 (Cao3 Shi2 Dong4 Wu4)
- Spanish Translation: herbívoro
- STORY: The herb in herbivore reminds you that herbivores eat plants rather than other animals. If you know any giraffes, deer, or vegetarians, you might have some herbivore friends. If you have a friend named Herb, let him know he's safe around them. Unless Herb is your favorite houseplant.
- In recent years Japan, has had a major social shift, seemingly dividing men and women into two types: herbivore men and carnivore women. Forbes Mar 25, 2015
- Even the most dedicated herbivore can get discouraged by the monotony of root vegetables, potatoes, onions, brassicas and such that crowd our midwinter produce sections.
P.S: New word description, story and part of "EXAMPLE SENTENCE" are cited in Vocabulary.com