Date: Sunday, May 24th 2015
Participants (from 11 countries):
Tunisia: Marwa, Amine | USA: Rick | Bangladesh: Himalay | Philippines: Lala | Indonesia: Lina | China: Alina | Iran: Ami | Algeria: Bilel | Vietnam : Kelly | Colombia: Sandra | Argentina: Johny
Team A: (Yes) Marwa, Rick, Himalay
Team B: (No) Lala, Lina, Amine, Alina, Ami, Bilel
Team C: (On the fence) Kelly, Sandra
Host: Rick (USA)
Co-Host: Marwa (Tunisia)
Moderator: Johny (Argentina)
Team A summary:
- Children enjoy summer more than any other season.
- Moderate Sunlight is good for skin (Vitamin D)
- Summer allows people enjoy the beaches, and to play many games.
- Summer gives people opportunities to go out, have dinner outside or party in the nights more often than what they would go in winter for example.
- Summer has a strong attachment to the feeling of relaxation and getting away.
- It's proven scientifically that summer and sunlight affects people's mood so for some part of the world sunny days bring very positive attitude.
- Summer offers better climate conditions for people to enjoy gathering with friends and relatives.
- Warm climate gives people opportunities to enjoy better the places which in other seasons are not so much pleaseant to be at.
- In some part of the world, summer is the only season when people can live in a more comfortable way and it allows to boost their food production.
- In many countries, summer time is when children and students have a school break, so this is the time of the year that families will go away together on vacation etc.
Team B summary:
- Extreme hot days can cause dehydration.
- Extreme hot weather can cause skin cancer and affects people health-wise
- Summer increases the electricity bill.
- Hot days of summer can be very unpleasant for some people to perform well in their jobs.
- Too much of anything is dangerous, and that applies to the sun, temperature and everything that comes along with summer.
- Seasons complement each other, we need all four seasons.
- When seasons become extreme, people miss the other ones.
- Some species of animals needs all four seasons to live and survive.
- Summer can create more disease due to the high temperatures and in some countries where they may not be good social or environmental conditions, this can cause problems.
Team C summary:
- Kelly and Sandra had to leave earlier and that led the moderator make the decision.
- Johny: Team B
Team B won in that was based on the points as follows:
- All seasons complement each other
- People needs other seasons especially when these become extreme.
- Human tend to focus on how these seasons affect us but we hardly focus on how seasons affect others especies or the planet.
Below are the links to listen to our chat:
For people who did not join the live discussion, feel free to contribute the ideas in comment blanks below.