If all your friends wear jeans to school and you wear checkered slacks, you could say you reject conformity — doing the same thing as everyone else.
- Pronunciation: /kənˈfɔːmɪti/
- English Description: behaviour that obeys the accepted rules of society or a group, and is the same as that of most other people
- Chinese Translation: 相似(Xiang1 Si4)
- Spanish Translation: Conformidad
- STORY: Conformity usually refers to people's behavior or looks, but it can also be used to describe something that matches the form of something else — for example, a one-story house built in conformity to the low-slung buildings that surround it. It's common for conformity to follow the word in.
Fifth, the church of sustainability seeks converts, encouragesconformity to orthodoxy and regards rival interpretations of reality as heretical impediments to salvation. Washington Post Apr 15, 2015
Even as it continues to enforce conformity of coverage at home, it criticizes conformity abroad.
P.S: New word description, story and part of "EXAMPLE SENTENCE" are cited in Vocabulary.com