Hey pokey! Yeah you, Mr. Slow Pants. Quit your dawdling! This is no time to be a laggard, or someone who's always lagging behind.
- Pronunciation: / 'lægəd/
- English description: wasting time
- Synonyms: dilatory
- Chinese Translation: 迟钝的(chi2 dun4 de)
- Spanish Translation: rezagado
- ORIGIN: So who was the bigger laggard — the tortoise or the hare? Well that turtle sure was slow moving, but at least he continued at a steady pace. The hare was speedy, but took more time than necessary, goofing around and falling behind. It's a tough call, and one that the literary community has totally been dragging their feet on. What a bunch of laggards!
- Tough choices, closures and more restructuring are the order of the day in mining for leaders and laggards alike.
- As it turns out, it has been a laggard, thereby adding insult to incalculable injury.
*New word description, story and part of "EXAMPLE SENTENCE" are cited in Vocabulary.com