You can use the term persona non grata to describe anyone who is unwelcome, whether it's an obnoxious party guest or a trespasser using your yard as a shortcut.
- Pronunciation: /pɜːˈsəʊnə nɒn ˈɡrɑːtə/
- English description: a person who for some reason is not wanted or welcome
- Synonyms: unwelcome person
- Chinese Translation: 不受欢迎的人(bu2 shou4 huan1 ying2 de ren2)
- Spanish Translation: poco grato
- ORIGIN: Complain loudly about your neighbor's cooking and you might be declared persona non grata next time she throws a dinner party. In other words, you'll be off the invitation list. Persona non grata comes from the Latin word persona, "person," plus non grata, "not pleasing."
- So she counts on her fingers, and is surprised to discover she was only persona non grata for around three years.
- "The leadership should immediately disown them and say, 'You are persona non grata,'" he says.
*New word description, story and part of "EXAMPLE SENTENCE" are cited in Vocabulary.com