Date: Saturday, September 5th 2015
Participants (from 10 countries):
Bangladesh: Muhammed Apu, J.A. | Iran: Rojhano | Sudan: Seif, Ahmed | Indonesia: Tibi | India: Sunita | Morocco: Jawad | UK: Marissa | Philippines: Lala| USA: Rick, Rebecca | Argentina: Johny
Panel PRO: Muhamed Apu, Seif, Johny
Panel CON: Rojhano, Ahmed, Tibi, J.A.
Audience: Sunita, Lala, Marissa, Jawad
Panel PRO summary:
- Unlimited space to enjoy.
- There will not be dangerous predators.
- In the sky, we can fly wherever we want and in that way, feel freer.
- Oceans and even lands are limited.
- We can see the whole world by our own eyes
- In the sky, we can live a life without barriers.
- Humans will always need water, and we cannot drink ocean’s water because it’s poisonous for us.
- We can get water from rain and from seeding clouds and in that way, save and consume pure potable water.
- A floating house can have a garden where we can grow vegetables to eat.
- While living in the sky, people can contemplate the wonders of the world and to see the stars and feel amazed by watching the shape of the Earth.
- Even if oceans are yet mysterious, there are limited discoveries yet to found and there are limited places to go whereas the sky and heavens are unlimited.
- We cannot sing nor can we listen to music in the ocean due to that sound does not travel in the same way it does in the air.
Panel CON summary:
- There is so much beauty in the ocean.
- One can always swim everyday it make me always healthy and get a fit body.
- There are a lot of things that are yet to be discovered in the ocean. So many mysteries.
- Blue color is to be considered as the friendliest color and in the ocean there is so much blue color.
- So many colorful fishes
- One can ride dolphins
- Flying may not be as stable.
- If you live in the sky, you would have to deal with bad weather
- The Sky can be dusty and polluted.
- There are more interesting places to visit in the ocean.
- In the ocean, one has more food to eat (lots of fish and oysters)
- Many people have fear of high and fear to fall down and in the ocean; one will never feel fear of falling down.
- You can be a friend of sharks and brush their teeth
- In the ocean, there is not much noise contamination.
- You can provoke a tsunami.
- We have clean oxygen in the ocean.
- Our breathing system will filter the air for us.
- For people who like fish and salt, they will have plenty of them.
- For some people, they would like to have a submarine and cruise around.
- Lala chose team B;
- Jawad chose team A;
- Sunita remainded undecided;
- Marissa chose team B.
Team B won this debate, Congratulations team B! (Panel CON)
To listen to this debate, click in the following link:
For people who did not join the live discussion, feel free to contribute the ideas in the comment blanks below.