Date: Saturday, August 29th 2015
Participants (from 9 countries):
Bangladesh: Riya, Himalay, J.A.| India: Sunita | Argentina: Johny | USA: Rebecca | Morocco: Aziz | Mauritania: Boboty | Palestine: Mohamoud | Pakistan: Sidra | Sudan: Ahmed
General discussion summary:
This was a discussion (not a debate) held with these lovely participants upon this topic. Participants were exposing their points of views about whether experimenting or testing medicines or chemicals on animals.
Some points were:
- We are humans, and as superior beings, we can use animals to save other animals or many humans.
- We decide what to sacrifice on behalf of better medicine or to save millions of lives.
- We have no rights to play with any creature’s life, even on behalf of millions of humans or animals.
- It’s acceptable only under certain circumstances.
- Some participants were against the use of animals, regardless of the outcome or benefits.
There was some extra topics such as the preference between a job where one can get a lot of money and less happiness vice a job where once can get little money but a very enjoyable job.
- It depends on people’s priorities
- Even when having a job that is not enjoyable, people can find happiness because it depends on people’s attitude.
- Some people do not care about happiness in their job; they would go after money all the time because most people are greedy.
Below is the link to listen to this discussion:
For people who did not join the live discussion, feel free to contribute the ideas in the comment blanks below.