Date: Saturday April 25 2015
Participants (from 12 countries):
China: Qiuqiu, May, Miranda | Argentina: Johny | Vietnam: Kelly | USA: Rick | Algeria: Rostom, Salim | Tunisia: Amine, Marwa | India: Sunita, Abraham | Russia: Maria | Pakistan: Khan, Turab | Hong Kong: Selly, Dickens | Brazil: Andre | Bangladesh: Santo
Team A: (Yes) Qiuqiu, May, Johny, Kelly, Rick
Team B: (No) Rostom, Salim, Amine
Team C: (On the fence) Sunita, Maria, Turab, Khan, Dickens
Others that briefly joined: Andre, Miranda, Abraham, Santo
Host: Rick/Co-Host: Marwa
Team A Summary:
- Dogs are loyal, protective and will not desert their masters in time of need. Cats are very independent and will leave for days at a time
- If a stranger comes in the house, they will guard the house
- In many countries, dogs are used for protection against criminals etc.
- Dogs are very sensitive to their owners mood, and can be very good companions for people that are in tough situation (hospital patients, elderly etc.)
- One member talked about his dog, that knows how to take command in 4 languages
- They will show their excitement when their owners come home
Team B Summary:
- Cats are very honest creatures and will only ask for food when need it, unlike dogs, that will always ask for food
- Cats are more playful and do like to cuddle with people
- One member talked about how she will always bring stray cats home, if they are homeless, and even though she will get a hard time from her mother, she will do it anyway
- Cats are tender and soft
- Cats can be very independent, which is also good, because if you need to leave for a few days, they can take care of themselves
Team C Results/Summary:
- Sunita= Undecided
- Khan= Undecided
- Dickens= Undecided
It was a tie, the main point was that no matter the animal, if you love them, and take care of them, that is most important.
Bonus Chat Discussion
There was a very interesting bonus chat discussion conducted after the debate. Two things were discussed: Do we believe in Aliens from other planets and what do we think about monsters/scary movies. You can listen to the audio on this chat.
Below is the link to listen to our chat:
For people who did not join the live discussion, feel free to contribute the ideas in comment blanks below.