Sea oyster pie, one of the local snacks in Fujian Province, China. It is very popular in the Fujian Province, especially in the city of Fuzhou. It is round and the color is golden, made with many ingredients, including sea oyster, cabbage, laver, pork. Most of the time, the sea oyster pie is eaten with porridge as part of breakfast. It tastes pretty delicious.
Below are steps that you will need to follow to cook it.
First we need the ingredients:
- Pork, sea oyster
- Cooking oil, rice flour (you can grind the rice into flour or buy it in the Chinese supermarket), wheat flour
- Laver, cabbage, green onion, celery, leek
- Salt, mono-sodium glutamate (you can use chicken essence instead), soy sauce
We also need a cooking utensil like this
Get all this ready, and now let’s deal with these ingredients.
1. Wash the pork, and cut it into small pieces.
2. Put some salt, mono-sodium glutamate and soy sauce into it
3. Chop green onion, celery, leek into small pieces.
4. Mix flour with water (rice flour: wheat flour: water: salt=5:2:5:0.2) into a paste (Calculated in grams).
5. Slice the cabbage and then cut them into tiny pieces, mixed them with the laver, green onion, celery, leek, and put some mono-sodium glutamate into it, mix them uniformly.
After all this has been done, let’s start cooking.
6. Cover the cooking utensil with the flour paste
7. Pour the oil in the pan, after the oil has boiled, put the cooking utensil into the oil to fry the pie until the pie turns golden.
Wow, look the delicious pie, do you want a taste?