Aqua is a greenish-blue color, often thought of as the shade of water. When you buy a new blender, you might decide that the aqua one will brighten up your kitchen.
- Pronunciation: /'ækwə/
- English Description: blue color or pigment; resembling the color of the clear sky in the daytime
- Synonyms: blueness
- Chinese Translation: 浅绿色(qian3 lv4 se4)
- Spanish Translation: turquesa
- ORIGIN: Aqua is pretty close to the color known as cyan, almost exactly halfway between green and blue on the color spectrum. You can buy aqua clothing or aqua paint if you love the color and want your dining room to feel cool and colorful. The word aqua is sometimes also used to mean "water," and in fact the Latin root means "water, the sea, or rain."
- Her aqua hair lies flat instead of in spikes and you can see the roots growing in gray.
- Be aware that aqua appliances or neon tile may not appeal to most buyers.
*New word description, story and part of "EXAMPLE SENTENCE" are cited in Vocabulary.com