An eruption is an explosion of steam and lava from a volcano. This word is also used for other explosions, such as "an eruption of emotions."
- Pronunciation: /ɪˈrʌpt/
- English Description: if fighting, violence, noise etc erupts, it starts suddenly
- Chinese Translation: 爆发(Bao4 Fa1)
- Spanish Translation: Erupción
- STORY: If there's an eruption of a volcano, you don't want to be anywhere near it. When a volcano erupts, it spews a huge amount of lava, ash, and steam into the air. If you were angry at a friend but held your tongue for a long time, then suddenly started yelling in anger, that's an eruption too. The sudden spreading of a disease could be called an eruption. Eruptions are quick, huge, explosive, and dangerous: they're never good news.
- Violence erupted after police shot a student during the demonstration.
They were angry to the point of erupting into riot.
P.S: New word description, story and part of "EXAMPLE SENTENCE" are cited in Vocabulary.com