Date: Sunday, June 12, 2016
Participants (from 15 countries)
USA: Rick | Argentina: Johny | France: Djamila | Switzerland: George | Vietnam: Suat | Azerbaijan: Salima | Iran: Hanieh, Noorola, Taregh, Elham | Bangladesh: Mohiuddin, Abdur | Algeria: Soso, Hamzabat | India: Santo, Mannu | Poland: Mario | Morocco: Aziz | Pakistan: Alex | Egypt: Heytham | Nepal: Grace
Panel PRO (Team A): Marwa, Mario, Salima
Panel CON (Team B): Johny, Santo, Djamila, Mannu
Audience (Team C): George, Alex, Suat, Noorola, Aziz.
Listening only: Henieh, Taregh, Elham, Abdur, Hamzabat.
Late: Heytham, Mohiuddin, Soso, Grace.
Team A summary:
- Immigrants have the right to remain in the society. Immigration means assimilation/integration. And immigrant should speak the language and follow the country’s laws. However, if you want to keep your traditions, it’s up to you.
- We cannot force a person to wear different clothing than they were used to wear.
Team B summary:
- If you don’t follow the rules is like you are betraying the people and that is unethical.
- You need to do your best to integrate and if you don’t, you won’t be a productive member of the society.
- George voted for team A.
- Noorola remained neutral.
- Alex voted for team B.
- Suat voted for team B.
Team B won this debate. Thanks everyone for participating. Below are the links to listen to this discussion.