Date: Sunday, May 29, 2016
Format: General discussion.
Algeria: Soso | Tunisia: Amin | Brazil: Leandro | Iran: Rojhano, Behanm, Zeinab, Taregh, Elham | Morocco: Aziz | Mongolia: Ganaa | Vietnam: Autumn | Bangladesh: Azamu, Mohiuddin | France/Algeria: Djamila | Pakistan: Laiba | Mauritania: Boboty | Nepal: Grace
Host: Rick (USA)
- It’s human error to make mistakes and we are all born with some negative things.
- There are many other major threats to the global society including debt, racism, terrorism, diseases and pandemics.
- Threats come from both inside and outside. As an example, if there was an extraterrestrial threat, such a meteor, people would unify.
- Lack of education is a bigger threat to the global society, because lack of education breeds ignorance.
- There are diseases that are not curable.
- Agree intolerance is a bigger threat, can negatively influence others.
- Has an impact to things such as tourism and economics.
- But there are other bigger problems:
- Immigration, culture clashes i.e. in Europe now.
- Oil Prices, Economic Impacts.
- Religious Intolerance.
- Governments are responsible for addressing these issues, as most people are good in general.
- Mainstream media creates problems, is one of the biggest threats, brainwashes people.
- Inequality is also a major threat.
- Global Warming is also a major threat.
- How does this work in a family? In a family, people share common values, interests. Though there may be disagreements, people in a family find common ground to work from. Shouldn’t the larger global family take the same approach, look towards what we hold and share in common.
- It’s about our attitudes, learn to be more tolerant of different ideas, you can disagree but still be tolerant.
- What creates intolerance?
- Ignoring our values.
- Increase in selfishness.
- Increase in jealousy.
- Increase in greed.
- People have become greedier, more jealous than in the past.
- What is the root cause for this? Is it technology? With the advent of technology, people have more options, some are good, some are bad.
- Intolerance is a symptom of a larger problem.
- Natural evolution.
- In the beginning mankind lived in tribal society, in a caste society, they were isolated.
- People refused to be challenged in their beliefs.
- Intolerance is a consequence of Racism, Inequality and Terrorism among things.
Thanks everyone for participating in this discussion. Below are the links to listen to it.