Date: Friday, January 1st 2016
Format: General Discussion
“Why should we care?”
This question was raised in the organization to talk about how often we are affected by events that happens thousands of kilometers away from home.
Taking advantage of the fact that Dreams ‘N Motion is an international organization composed by members from around the globe, we enjoyed talking about issues that have a domino effect on our country from which we need to be cautious about.
Main points from our participants:
- Politicians often debate on what is going on in other parts of the world.
- We should care because everything that happens outside (of our country) affects ours.
- There are many atrocities going on in some countries and we shouldn't turn a blind eye on them.
- Every country with resources should be involved and offer Aid if we want to make this world a much more peaceful and hospitable place to live.
- In poor countries, children facing an uncertain future could perhaps be recruited by terrorist organizations, or worse. Helping Africa (for Instance), and thereby helping these children, means helping ourselves in the long run by avoiding unimaginable human catastrophes in the future.
- Global warming could be worsened by developing countries with such a low standard of living that they overuse carbon-based fuels out of desperation. This situation, already worrisome, could become dire if not addressed.
- Many of our commodities come from outside of our country. In order to purchase some items, our country needs to import them from other countries and vice versa; therefore, people need to know what’s available and what things other people need which our country produces.
- When we have relatives living abroad, there is a natural need to know what happens in that place because it is important to us.
- Even though we care, there is a line that we cannot cross because we cannot go to those countries and change things by force if we find things which we do not consider acceptable.
- A nation that has the potential and capability to offer positive assistance should be involved because it comes down to responsibility over the rest of the world.
There were many more points and discussions which you can listen by using the links below.
Thanks everyone for participating in this group discussion. Below are the links to listen to it:
For people who did not join the live discussion, feel free to contribute the ideas in the comment blanks below.