Date: Sunday, April 3rd 2016
Participants (from 16 countries)
USA: Rick | Argentina: Johny | Iran: Behnam, Noorola, Elham, Behare, Zeinab, Flower | Algeria: Soso, Faycel |Tunisia: Amine | Romania: Flory | Brazil: Leandro | Vietnam: Amina, Tamy | Pakistan: Usman | France: Djamila | Philippines: Jesson | Kurdistan: Suren, Zahir | Bangladesh: Mohiuddin | India: Haary | Russia/Azerbaijan: Salima | Indonesia: Mikhael
Panel PRO (Team A): Elham, Usman, Djamila, Mohiuddin, Amine
Panel CON (Team B): Flory, Haary, Johny, Salima
Audience (Team C): Leandro, Behnam, Tamy, Faycel, Noorola, Soso, Bahare, Jahangir Zahir, Zeinab, Amina, Flower, Suren, Jesson , Mikhael
Team A summary:
- The early bird catches the worm. Grandmother use to say that in the early morning when the sun rises, God gives you the blessings for the day.
- Waking up late means having to hurry in everything and affects people’s health.
- The Air is healthier in the morning and early risers can take advantage of that.
- Not waking up early can lead to sickness and diseases.
- Starting work from early in the morning can decrease stress.
- It gives time to do extra work.
- The world is more beautiful, when we can see dawn.
- We have the impression that we have more opportunities in general.
- In the beginning of the day, you will get more energy, as part of a natural cycle
- Things like meditation and yoga, which revive the spirit, are more effective when done early in the morning as the sun rises
- Early to bed, early to rise, makes a person healthy, wealthy and wise
- Oversleeping is harmful, under sleeping is harmful
- Early morning is the “freshest” and more purest part of the day, no dust, clean atmosphere (healthier), which makes you more productive (wealthier)
- Early morning is the best time to exercise, gain new energy
- Compare city life with rural life, and who is healthier, the people that rise early in the morning as the sun comes up, to work the fields or the people that stay up late, live an artificial life that is out of tune with the natural cycle
- Morning is a good time for studying with a fresh mind
- Getting up early and going to work early allows you to plan for the day, be more productive
- The world is more beautiful, you can witness the world as it wakes up, see people going to work, in action, gives you a sense of energy
- The world is more timely, you can prepare, not rushing, not stressing, no missed opportunities
- Getting up early is a way of self-discipline
Team B summary:
- Many workers have a productive job and life at any time of the day.
- People who say they are only productive in the morning are just looking for an excuse for not to work.
- When you need a job, and when you need to keep up your job position, you will be productive regardless of the time of the day.
- Health does not depend on the time you wake up; it depends on how well you take care of your body, how well we eat, and how many hours of sleep we get.
- We can be as productive as any early morning worker because productivity has no time. A person can work and be as productive regardless of the time they wake up or the time they sleep.
- Productivity depends on a good health and feeling motivated, energetic, self-confident and people can have and feel all this at any time of the day.
- What makes a person productive is self-confidence, motivation; inspiration, good health (body and mind) and these things do not run by a specific hour.
- It depends on your mindset.
- In some cases, people will work night shift or work in jobs that require working through different hours.
- The number of hours you sleep is more important than what time you wake up.
- For people that go to bed late, and try to get up early, it would be unhealthy.
- Getting up should not be tied to a specific time.
- Doctors will tell you that sleeping for 6-7 hours is good enough, regardless of the time you wake up.
- Getting enough sleep is good for maintaining a healthy body, your skin and other organs need it.
Team C summary:
- Leandro voted for team A.
- Behnam voted for team A.
- Noorola voted for team A.
Team A won this debate. Thanks everyone for Participating! Below are the links to listen to this debate.
For people who did not join the live discussion, feel free to contribute the ideas in the comment blanks below.