Date: December 12th 2015
Participants (from 11 countries):
Iran: Noorola | Algeria: Djamila | India: Bubbly, Reneesh | Argentina: Johny | USA: Rick | Pakistan: Ayisha, Usman | Canada: Henz | Japan: Masato | Malaysia: Faten | Turkey: Butterfly | Morocco: Imad
Host and Moderator: Rick.
Panel PRO (Team A): Djamila, Mohammed, Silver (Rose), Jami, Behnam
Panel CON (Team B): Grace, Imad, Noorola
Audience (Team C): Boboty, Zeinab, Johny, Taregh, Faten, Seif, Atena, Usaid, Robinson, Ayisha.
Panel PRO summary:
- If you do not show a happy attitude, people will not want to associate with you.
- Happiness allows us to have a better life and if we are happy, we can positively influence the people around us, making their life better as well.
- High-IQ people are oftentimes egocentric and condescending towards others and they don’t make many friends whereas a happy person finds it easier to make friends due to his/her happy attitude.
- Being happy is more important than everything, it's more important than being rich, it's more important than being pretty, etc. But happiness comes from many things, maybe, having a high IQ can help, of course, but it will never be enough to make you happy.
- Highly gifted children often feel isolated, they have the impression that no one can understand them, they feel anxious and sad because they don't belong to the "norm".
- Someone with a high IQ is someone, who is always questioning everything, trying to understand everything and sometimes it could be a pain.
- The happiest people in the world focus on the beautiful things in their world. We can also make our happiness. We don't need to be happy every day, that's pretty impossible but we can learn how to create small happy moments every day.
Panel CON summary:
- People who are not that skillful or if they lack sufficient knowledge to help others, feel bad for not being able to help. They can find happiness in other things but when it comes to making a big difference and help many people, they feel sad for not having the required knowledge to help.
- People can find happiness in many areas of their lives but one of the paramount kinds of happiness is when people can solve difficult problems. Intelligence and happiness most of the times go hand and hand with each other. The more intelligent you are, the more problems you can solve - and - the more problems you solve, the happier you are.
- People with a high IQ can create new technologies that help people or the society and that can give an incomparable amount of happiness not only to the inventor but also to the people who are receiving the benefits of their inventions.
- An intelligent person can be more successful and can cope with any task, job or challenge.
- An intelligent person can find clever ways to defend himself/herself from abusers or aggressors.
- Our safety can depend on how intelligent we are: an intelligent person can survive difficult situations and situations which normal IQ people would think it’s impossible to get out from.
- When finding solutions to our problems become challenging because our wit is limited, we feel depressed, stressed out, our self-confidence decreases and we feel under pressure for our failures.
- Boboty voted for the team A
- Raneesh voted for the team A
- Faten voted for the team A
- Atena voted for the team A
- Johny voted for the team B
- Taregh voted for the team A
Team A won this debate. There was a bonus chat after the debate and the topic was: “Name 3 thing that makes you smile.”
Thanks everyone for participating. To listen to this debate, click on the links below:
For people who did not join the live discussion, feel free to contribute the ideas in the comment blanks below.