Date: Saturday, December 5th 2015
Participants (from 13 countries):
USA: Rick, Jami | India: Bubbly, Bisha, Jay | Nepal: Grace | Malaysia: Faten | Sudan: Seif | Japan: Masato | Brazil: Mykaela, | China: Liu | Morocco: Imad | Indonesia: Paras | Iran: Taregh, Noorola | Argentina: Johny | Pakistan: Fahad
Panel PRO (team A): Imad, Grace, Mykaela, Taregh, Liu, Jami
Panel CON (team B): Noorola, Johny
Audience (team C): Bubbly, Seif, David, Faten, Masato, Paras, Bishal, Fahad, Jay
- Doing exercises is a diversion from daily stress and at the same time, we enjoy the benefit of improving our health.
- Concentrating in the exercise itself and not in our daily life worries can reduce our stress.
- The benefits of doing exercises go beyond just diverting your mind. These benefits include better health, a more fit body, concentration improvement, increase of adrenaline or endorphin responsible for moods, etc.
- Some people find playing games or doing some sport as an effective way to deal with stress.
- It is something that does not require hours each day, you can integrate small steps into your daily routine.
- There are a large variety of exercises, so you will not get bored i.e. swimming, walking, running, aerobics in the gym, weightlifting etc.
- Exercise can also be a good way to spend quality time with a significant other or family members
- Exercise may be a good way to release stress but for some people, there are other ways that work better for them.
- The other ways of dealing with stress may include: Having a getaway, going on vacations, having a pick-nick, sitting in a bench in park and listen to music, taking a step back and go out to breathe fresh air, talking with friends, listening to music, watching movies, sleeping, taking a good bath, meditating, doing yoga, playing with your kids, visiting nature, going camping, going to the cinema, going to the beach, going fishing, going to the theater, watching something funny and enjoy humor, or simply having a romantic moment with the person you love.
- There are as many ways to deal with stress as people’s preferences. What works for one may not work for others.
- People cannot always do exercise. For instance, people who are not in good physical shape or good health can find other ways to deal with stress.
- Older people often will often make use of the activities previously mentioned as the best alternative when it comes to dealing with stress.
- For most people, it’s not so simple. Even while doing exercises, people do not focus their mind 100 % in the activity itself, they still think of other things.
- Depending on the level of stress, people can opt to do either one thing or a combination of activities, not just one.
- If doing exercises were the best way to deal with stress, sport players and athletes should be the least stressed people in the world and yet, they have as much stress any other person.
- Bubbly voted for team B
- Seif voted for team B
- Paras voted for team B
- Faten voted for team A
- Masato voted for team B
- Bishal voted for team B
- Fahad voted for team B
Team B won this debate.
Thanks everyone for participating. To listen to this debate, click on the links below:
For people who did not join the live discussion, feel free to contribute the ideas in the comment blanks below.