Date: Sunday, September 20th 2015
Participants (from 16 countries):
Bangladesh: J.A.| India: Sunita, J, Yusuf | Argentina: Johny | USA: Rick | Iran: Parmida, Ami | Philippines: Lala | Brazil: Leandro | Sudan: Seif, Joe | Tunisia: Marwa | Morocco: Imad | Afganistan: Ahmad | Japan: Masato | China: Shelia | Saudi Arabia: Ibrahim | Indonesia: Paramentari | Thailand: Pharida
Panel PRO: Marwa, Leandro, Sunita, Joe, Seif, J.A.
Panel CON: J, Ami
Audience: Lala, Johny, Pharida, Ibrahim, Paramentari, Parmida, Imad
Bonus chat: Imad, Ahmad, Masato
- Dreaming big gives people hope and encouragement to fight for what they want.
- People find big dreams as an inspiration and as a big motivation to do things because people get bored from small things.
- If people believe that big dreams can come true, that belief can take the person farther than ever.
- Fulfilling a big dream gives people more self- confidence which leads to taking on bigger challenges and risk, to achieve even bigger dreams.
- Big dreams can affect humanity in a positive way whereas small dreams stay only as personal achievements.
- Living a life dreaming all the time can give people hope and energies to carry on in their difficult moments.
- Dreaming is not enough by itself though, a person needs to take action to achieve his/her dreams.
- Dream big or go home !!
- Having big dreams will open many doors for you. and keep life fresh.
- Finding purpose= dreaming-achieve-confidence
- Dreaming small gives more possibilities to achieve goals because it is more realistic.
- Most of the time, people dream things that are out of their reach and they live only in dreams and distract them from the reality.
- Some people do not want to understand that some dreams are just fantasy and it might be dangerous for the people around that dreamer.
- Fulfilling small achievable dreams gives more self-confidence than dreaming too big and never achieving it.
- Many people prefer to pursue things that can be achieved in a short period of time.
- Living a life pursuing a dream for an entire life can make the person a slave of his own dream.
- Some students have such big dreams or they felt that their parents imposed their (parents) dream on the children. If they fail to achieve these dreams and fail in key test or exams, it can lead to depression and suicide.
- Some people don’t see it worthwhile to spend and dedicate too much time and effort to pursue something that might never come true.
- Ibrahim voted for the team B
- Lala voted for the team B
- Johny voted for the tem B
- Pharida was just listening.
Team B won this debate, congrats team B!
There was a bonus chat after the debate where members were sharing their dreams and Marwa proposed a game. You will hear this along with the debate in the same audio recording:
For people who did not join the live discussion, feel free to contribute the ideas in the comment blanks below.