Ha Long Bay is one of the beautiful places that whenever you ask the Vietnamese people about their country's symbol, you may have an answer “That’s Ha Long Bay”. I am going to let you know some reasons and some information about it as below:
Location: Ha Long Bay is in the Northeast of Vietnam and it is 170 km from Ha Noi capital. Its area is about 1553 km2 with 1969 islands and islets (including 989 have been given names and 980 haven’t been given names yet).
People believe that Ha Long Bay is a heritage site due to the fact it contains important historical relics since earth was created. It shows not only Vietnamese history, but also the wonderful art of nature which the Vietnamese people always are proud of. Therefore, if you are looking for a natural and beautiful place with beaches, caves, karsts, corals or an amazing ecosystem with millions kind of plants and animals, I am sure that Ha Long Bay is a great choice which will stimulate your imagination and senses.
In 1994, the conference of UNESCO World Heritage site which was held in Thailand recognized its outstanding, universal aesthetic value. Six years later, the conference of World Heritage Committee which was held in Queensland, Australia recognized Hạ Long Bay for its outstanding geological and geomorphological value. In 2012, New 7 Wonders Foundation officially named Halong Bay as one of New Seven Natural Wonders of the world. If you have many designations in mind, I hope that you are convinced to make a plan to visit it.
So, how could you go to Ha Long from your country?
1. Take a flight to Ha Noi capital, then you can take a coach to go from Ha Noi capital to Ha Long Bay, it takes about 4 hours.
2. You can visit Bai Chay port first if you want to take a look at the whole Ha Long landscape from the Bai Chay Bridge.
Bai Chay Bridge and the small boat.
3. You can buy a ticket to visit Ha Long by small boats. Boats would take you around within 4 hours to 6 hours or you can buy a ticket which you have sleep a night on boats, so you can spend more time to visit Ha Long Bay.
Boats will take you to visit Thien Cung Cave, Sung Sot Cave, Titop beach, Trong Mai island (Ga Choi island), Dau Go island, and some other places.
Boats will take you around and you can see a landscape like this (so beautiful, huh?)
Famous Trong Mai Island
Amazing Thien Cung Cave (^_^)
Sung Sot Cave
Ti Top Beach
4. You can visit a Bai Tho Mountain along with Long Tien pagoda, so you can see whole Ha Long city landscape and part of Ha Long Bay along with a new sight of Vietnamese religion – Buddha.
Ha Long Bay from Bai Tho Mountain.
5. Besides seeing Ha Long Bay, you can spend some time to visit Hon Gai Market or night Market to know more about culture and people in the North of Vietnam.
6. Or you can chill out in Tuan Chau Island as Miss Vietnamese is held there sometimes. (^_^). Investments have been poured into the island to turn it into a modern tourist resort. It includes attractions such as the dolphin, sea lion, and performing-seal club, animal circus club, golf course, cultural-sports center, beach, rural market, ornamental fish lake, …
All I am writing is just some information about Ha Long city and Ha Long Bay. If you can visit there, I believe that you would have a great trip in Vietnam and have the memories of a lifetime. We are waiting for you and welcome you with wide arms. (lol)