Date: Saturday, June 13th 2015
Participants (from 9 countries):
USA: Rick, Jami | India: Sunita | Argentina: Johny | Tunisia: Marwa, Amine | Bangladesh: Himalay, Shohel | Egypt: Mohamed | Albania: Zana | UK: Marissa, Chistopher | Kazakhstan: Narzhan | Unknown country: Andre, Sam
Team A: Andre, Himalay, Jami, Johny
Team B: Amine, Rick
Team C: Marissa, Sunita, Shohel, Daylight, Christopher
Team A summary:
- Globalization helps people to know what is going on around the world.
- Globalization allows countries to help each other.
- Putting in balance the bad and good effects of globalization, we can notice more advantages than disadvantages.
- Globalization is a process that allows countries to overcome the distances and barriers between one another.
- It allows all kind of goods and products to circulate throughout the world and become available anywhere and everywhere.
- The integration of goods and values from other countries has enriched people’s lives.
- Globalization introduces new ideas into the country.
Team B summary:
- Globalization allows corporations to escape from strict regulations and high taxes.
- It explodes cheap labor force in countries with less strict laws and regulations.
- Some corporations take advantages of the flexible rules of a less developed country and they may take the country’s wealth away from them.
- If not done responsibly, it may have a significant negative impact.
- In developing countries, it does not give people many choices but to accept unfair labors.
- Careless foreign companies may increase child labor.
- When a country does not have strict regulations, the environment becomes compromised.
- Half of the world’s languages and traditions may become extinct swiftly with the influence of globalization.
- Countries’ culture and identity across all areas (clothing, food, music, etc.) disappear very quickly whit the arrival of globalization.
- When it’s not done responsibly, it creates an environment where people lose sight of whom they are or what their origins are.
Team C summary:
Sunita, Shohel, Daylight and Christopher left early and that made Marissa decide who the winner was. Marissa considered that both team did a terrific job and thus, she remained undecided.
Below are the links to listen to our chat:
For people who did not join the live discussion, feel free to contribute the ideas in the comment blanks below.